Friday, September 5, 2014

Promotion

There are many things that a person can do in order to promote their brand. For this project I created a billboard. Due to my artistic abilities and how limited they are, I was not able to create a commercial. However, I do have a list of ideas I would do in order to promote the Mustang even further than my billboard. I would create a huge event where people could drive Mustang’s as fast as they could and see how powerful the car really is. To do this, I would call one of the racetracks in Las Vegas and Ford and ask them if they would like to work together in a campaign for the Mustang. If they said yes, then I would have people help me advertise the event on the radio, local news, social media, and many other ways. “Brand fans abound on social networking sites. People view brand videos on YouTube and share them with friends. Sharing links to humorous micro–Web sites is commonplace. Using mobile devices to send photos of oneself enjoying a branded experience is not unusual. Millions of free branded applications (apps) have been downloaded. Offering deals to brand fans on FaceBook and Twitter further endears a brand to such fans” (Advertising By Design, 11). The connections that people have with each other would help spread the word of the event and it would hopefully turn into something big. This would help Ford get noticed even more for their Mustang. I believe that if people could drive a Mustang and realize how powerful and cool it is then they will want to buy one of their own. I would also create a commercial. “Commercial advertising promotes brands and commodities by informing consumers; it is also used to promote individuals, groups, corporations, manufacturers. Commercial advertising takes many forms, from single print advertisements to campaigns in any media to sponsorships to branded utilities” (Advertising By Design, 7). Commercials are seen everywhere and I think this would help campaign the Ford Mustang tremendously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment