Friday, September 5, 2014

The Big Idea

“Advertising is used in a free-market system to promote one brand or group over another” (Advertising By Design, 3). My ad for the Ford Mustang uses a comparison that is known world wide. This is the beauty and the beast. I believe that this will attract customers to buy the Mustang because they can all relate to wanting to feel good-looking and powerful. I also am differentiating myself from my competitors by not showing the car at all. “Who? What? Where? When? Why? How? Rather than proceeding directly to the conceptual development stages, our study benefits greatly from a discussion of the process of finding insights” (Advertising By Design, 68). After analyzing these things for the competitors of the Mustang, I realized that the Mustang is so well known that people don't need to see the car to know what the advertisement is about. Due to this I am just showing an image of a Mustang horse. I also kept my ad simple so that I can get my point across easier. “What is unethical is almost easier to identify than what is ethical. Here is an obvious list of do's:
> Treat the audience with respect; respect people's religion, race, gender, age, and ethnicity.
> Be truthful.
> Be responsible.” (Advertising By Design, 13).


In my advertisement, I kept it truthful and respectful. I didn't want to put lies on it and create a false image of the Mustang. I want to keep it simple and easy to understand. “A composition is the form, the whole spatial property and structure resulting from the intentional visualization and arrangement of graphic elements (type and visuals) in relation to one another and to the format” (Advertising By Design, 155). I arranged everything in a way to make it more appealing and effective to the people viewing it. Since it is meant for billboards, I made the words big and clear so that people driving by it can read it easily and not get distracted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment